Senior Client Accountant
Our client, a global Real Estate consultancy, are looking for a highly motivated senior client accountant to join a well-established team in their London office. You will be working on a mixed portfolio that currently manages in excess of 1000 properties, being responsible for financial management and regular financial reporting to clients.
- Trial Balance reporting, VAT reporting, regular charges to tenants and any other ad-hoc reports/ requirements to clients, surveyors and solicitors as appropriate.
- Manage / maintain all Service Charge funds for each property under remit along with the property and tenant (lease) database for all clients.
- Knowledge of relevant tax processes (CIS, VAT, and NRL) and relevant compliance rules (SOX and RICS).
- Establish and maintain strong relationships with the relevant surveyors on the portfolio acting on and providing information in a timely manner. You will also work closely with the treasury department and advise them as necessary on carrying out rent demands, transfer or collection of monies, any amendments that need to be made and all other general maintenance of client funds.
- You will need to attend meetings with clients when required, working with the clients to understand their needs, interpret their demands and respond as appropriate. You will need to complete cash on site audits, calculate and compilation of completion statements, rent review calculations and interest rate(s) applicable.
Key person specification:
- Formal qualification – minimum AAT, ideally ACA, ACCA or CIMA.
- Experience working on Property Management systems such as MRI, Yardi Voyager or QUBE Horizon.
- This role requires good knowledge of Service Charges, ideally to an advanced level.
- As well as good Knowledge of property accounts and property VAT, this role requires a methodical and numerical individual who has good attention to detail.
- Experience working in property management accounts for other Real Estate organisations.
If your skill set matches the above then please apply directly now.