Estates Surveyor (ref: WSS7841)
Working for a young, dynamic company in an exciting sector, our client requires an Estates Surveyor, responsible to maximise revenue opportunities through the sub-letting of space within their estate and the management of approximately 300 sub-tenants.
The role will also involve management of the relationship between our client and it’s landlords to include rent reviews, break clauses, service charge challenges and the like.
The role will be field/Head Office based and require regular travel across the UK (including regular meetings in Hatfield) and occasionally Europe. The successful candidate will be given the opportunity to evolve their roles and responsibilities over the next 24 months and offers fantastic commercial and operational, as well as property experience.
- The effective management of the tenanted portfolio producing an income of circa £4M pa from over 300 lettings. This is to include working with finance to ensure the correct amount of rent is collected and to agree debt recovery action as and when it arises.
- Renegotiating new lettings on a timely basis.
- Preparing budgets at times required and to monitor against actual income.
- Developing action plans on all vacant/underutilised space and produce these to the Estates Manager/Property Director/Construction department/Operations team as required and then proceed as directed.
- Continually seeking new income opportunities that compliment DL and its members.
- Ensuring as required tenant compliance.
- Ensuring the tenant database is accurately maintained.
Key Skills, Experience and Qualifications are required:
- RICS Qualified
- Preferably experienced with Landlord and Tenant relationships from an agency or corporate background.
- IT Skills – Strong knowledge of Excel and Word required. Previous TRAMPS or other Estate Management software desirable.
- Self motivated, organised, energetic, commercially aware, lateral thinker with strong interpersonal skills.