Back to searchBack to search
Facilities Assistant (ref: 1003)
As a Facilities Assistant the work will include:
- Applying office opening and closing procedures
- Covering the Facilities Helpdesk as required
- Maintaining the post room service
- Supporting the meeting rooms for the provision of audio visual and room setups
- Assisting with office maintenance and upkeep e.g. lamp replacement, fabric upkeep, furniture repairs, etc.
- Distributing office stationery (including stocks of paper)
- Covering for other members of the Facilities team when absent e.g. during holiday periods
- Weekly office housekeeping tours of the 2 floor areas
- As part of the firm’s Health & Safety programme assisting with the procurement and allocation of personal protective equipment e.g. hard hats, boots etc. ensuring records are maintained and updated.
- Dealing with deliveries and collections, including items delivered by or for despatch by couriers
- Adhering to, and ensuring compliance with the security system and protocols
- Providing assistance and support to the regional offices as required, with occasional visits as required e.g. to support/assist with office upgrades.
- Filing: both paper-based and networked, ensuring records are both maintained and kept up to date.
- Ordering facilities-related goods and services through the departmental purchase order software
- Using Microsoft tool kit which includes; Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- 12 months’ prior relevant work experience, preferably gained in a service (ideally professional services) environment
- Good written, listening and other communication skills, together with a clear, polite and helpful manner.
- Basic computer skills, using the main Microsoft business toolkit – Excel, Outlook, Word
- Well organised, methodical, eye for detail and conscientious
- Capable of using initiative and common sense to prioritise and deal with time-critical tasks
- Must be well presented, reliable, flexible and a good timekeeper, capable of working proactively as a member of a small support team
- Educated to ‘A’ level standard (or equivalent).