Back to searchBack to search
Facilities Manager (ref: 0802)
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
- To effectively manage a portfolio of properties.
- Arrange and attend periodic tenant /stakeholder meetings, and to action subsequent minutes and works.
- To line manage and support a team of Facilities Managers, including the Staff Appraisal process, and to be responsible for identifying FM training needs.
- To attend where appropriate periodic meetings and prepare and collate information for clients/strategy meetings
- To recruit and select Facilities Managers, in conjunction with the Regional Operations Manager
- Attend regular Operations Meetings.
- To attend regular Regional Facilities Manager training sessions and deliver training through the training & development programme as required
- Ensuring full compliance with Quality Assurance and Best Practice in all working procedures.
- Ensuring full compliance with Standard Working Procedures.
Performance & Planning
- In relation to own portfolio, oversee all work orders (planned and reactive) to ensure delivery on time using the customer support centre.
- In relation to own portfolio, manage the day to day liaison with the customer (tenant) promoting good Client / customer relations.
- Ensure the highest standard of front of House/Housekeeping is maintained at all times, as well as undertaking continual progress/monitoring of the state of repair of portfolios in general.
- Effectively manage the Complaints Management process.
- Liaise closely with all third party contractors, and stakeholders to ensure optimum service delivery and meet regularly to review and discuss performance.
- To liaise closely with Regional Service Partners dedicated management teams to ensure the services are delivered to the required standards. Meeting regularly to discuss performance and oversee the improvement process. To act as mediator in the event of any dispute between Facilities Managers and Service Partner Managers.
- Undertaking of random site inspections to ensure FM’s are delivering procedures to the required standards.
- To support the Regional Operations Manager as required to deliver the business development strategy by promoting our services, and our service partners, to existing customers.
Financial Budget Control
- In relation to own portfolio, set annual service charge budgets, monitor expenditure, receipt appropriate invoices and conduct reconciliations in accordance with client requirements.
- In relation to own portfolio, assist the Surveyors, and client, where necessary, in the administration of insurance claims and associated liaison with Insurers/Loss Adjusters where necessary through to completion and settlement.
Health and Safety
In relation to own portfolio:-
- Ensure as far as is reasonably practical full compliance (both one off works and periodics) with all current and impending Health and Safety Legislation including the full implementation of annual Health and Safety Risk Assessment Reports, Fire Risk Assessments and Disability Discrimination Audits.
- Regularly maintain and update any Health and Safety Schedules and Procedures, whether they are in-house and/or client systems, ensuring full detailed audit trails are maintained at all times in accordance with prescribed formats.
- On a continual basis to ensure full compliance and liaison with the Statutory Bodies such as Local Fire Authorities, EHO’s and other similar Government Organisations, dealing with any associated Notices of Alterations or Prohibitions.
- Ensure full Health and Safety Documentation (general management), is in place and at site and that H&S Manuals/Site Log Books are managed and available for inspection at all times.
- Ensure that all site staff maintain the Health and Safety Procedures i.e. RIDDOR, H&S checklists/Fire Evacuation Drills etc
- Be aware of and exercise the Accident Reporting Procedures integral to our Q.A. policy.
- Have Emergency Action plans in place for Fire, Bomb Procedures and Disaster Recovery on all properties, where appropriate linking in to the clients plans and procedures. To ensure that the information is continually updated, comprising out of hours contact numbers for customers, service partner emergency numbers, appointed first aiders and fire wardens.
- Where appropriate, ensure Permits to Works are issued and all other procedural compliance associated with works such as method statements, risk assessments are obtained and authorised where necessary.
- Experience of financial management for service charges and budgeting on multi-let properties
- Working knowledge of health and safety legislation as applied to managed commercial property
- Demonstrated ability to lead, manage and develop staff
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office including Word, Excel and Outlook
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent organisation and prioritisation skills
- Demonstrated ability to work as leader of a team
- Ability to work flexibly and on own initiative
- Ability to effectively delegate
- Innovative problem solver
- Strong attention to detail
- Research/business development skills
- Understanding of basic financials
- Prior experience in a similar role.
- BIFM qualification preferred but not essential
- Team player and leader
- Tactful and diplomatic
- Calm under pressure