Senior Property Accountant
Our client, a UK focused Property Owner, are looking for a highly motivated Senior Property Accountant to join a well-established team in their London office. As well as the day to day technical responsibilities, you’ll be required to collaborate with other “heads of” in the wider business to help improve the way the finance team functions and integrates with other parts of the business, with a view to improve efficiency and current controls.
- You’ll be responsible for Trial Balance reporting, VAT reporting, Month end reporting and Year End recs (true up).
- Monitor, identify and reconcile all Income and Expenditure balances as well as all Service Charge funds for each property under your remit.
- Working closely with the wider Property Asset Management Finance department, you’ll need to maintain the credit tracking process for monitoring all raised credits or debt write offs, income and costs, constantly ensuring all are recorded appropriately on the various platforms.
- You’ll work with the technical teams to ensure all finance and reporting systems are maintained with accurate data and constantly updated. There are multiple systems used (off the shelf and bespoke), so it’s mandatory you’ve got experience using a property management accounting system to a high standard (Horizon, Yardi, Tramps, etc.)
Required Qualifications / Experience
- You’ll need to have a formal qualification – minimum AAT, ideally ACA, ACCA or CIMA.
- Highly knowledgeable in Property Accounting, including an advanced level of Service Charges (large budgets and number of units).
- Highly experienced using a Property Management system(s) such as Yardi Voyager, Horizon, MRI, etc. You’ll also need to be an intermediate/advanced Excel user.
- This role requires a methodical and numerical individual who has good attention to detail.